How to set up your microphone permissions
If are unable to record a new name through the name request form, it is possible that your microphone permissions are not enabled.
To fix that, please do the following steps according to which device you are using:
For iOS users:
1. Open Settings and swipe down and tap on Privacy
2. Next tap Microphone, toggle on the PNP app to have access to your microphone
For Mac users:
1. Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Click the icon labeled Security & Privacy.
3. Click the Privacy tab at the top.
4. In the lefthand column, click on Microphone to manage app permissions.
5. Tick the boxes next to apps for which you’d like to grant access to the mic.
For Android Users:
1. Open Settings and tap on Apps.
2. Next tap Permissions, then Microphone, toggle on the PNP app to have access to your microphone
For Windows users:
1. Open your Windows Settings and select Privacy (scroll down a bit).
2. In the left panel, scroll down and select Microphone.
3. Once there, you'll see a toggle under the "Allow apps to access your microphone", make sure this is on.
4. Scroll down a bit more and make sure that the toggle under ''Allow desktop apps to access your microphone'' is on as well.
After doing those steps you will be able to use your microphone within our app! Should you have any issues on this matter, please contact us at HERE and our elves will be more than happy to help you sort this out!
Can we do better? Let us know how here.
Having trouble taking photos on the mobile app
If you are having trouble taking a picture with your camera when creating a video, we recommend to try the following steps to see if that resolves the issue for you:
1. Check to make sure you have the newest version of the App
2. Check to make sure you have the newest OS version for your device
3. Make sure you have at least 1 GB of free space available on your device
4. Log out of the App
5. Clear the App data and close it entirely
6. Reopen the App and log back in
7. Turn off and restart your mobile device
If this doesn't help, please uninstall and reinstall the App, and if the problem is still happening after all of this, please contact us at HERE and our elves will be more than happy to help you sort this out!
How do I take a screenshot?
If you need to contact the elves, a screenshot can be a big help!
Here are Apple's instructions for taking a screenshot on iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT200289
Here are Google's instructions for taking a screenshot on Android: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075928?hl=en
Here are Microsoft's instructions for taking a screenshot on a Windows PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
Here are Apple's instructions for taking a screenshot on a MAC: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201361
How do I clear my browser's cache?
To learn how to clear the cache on Firefox, please click the following link:
To learn how to remove stored cookies and data from Safari, please click the following link:
To learn how to remove stored cookies and data from Edge, please click the following link:
To learn how to clear the browsing data on Google Chrome for Android, please click on following link:
To learn how to clear the browsing data on Google Chrome for PC and/or Mac, please click on following link:
To learn how to clear the browsing data on Google Chrome for iOS, please click on following link:
How do I download the latest versions of Internet browsers?
How do I enable cookies on my browser?
For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?
For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Is your PNP site secure and how do you guarantee the privacy of the information provided?
PNP uses industry-standard technology for secure commercial transactions. Security protocol encrypts all your personal information, such as your name, address and credit card number, so that it is rendered unreadable.
The elves ensure that all transactions that require your credit card number and your personal information are secure and encrypted using PayPal, Ltd. or any other third party payment processor.
PNP features no third party advertising on their website or app to remain COPPA-compliant (Kidsafe) in the USA. We do not sell our database of email contacts.
What happens to the personal information, personalized video messages, and photos I uploaded? How long will they be kept?
Can someone other than the creator or recipient view or purchase my video messages?
All personalized video messages are strictly private due to the use of unique URL addresses that grant access to creators and recipients identified in the personalization process; however, if you share the video link with others, display it on a public computer, or share it on social media, anyone with access to the link will be able to view it.
NOTE: Only the owner of the Santa Video may use the "Download HD" option to create a keepsake of this magical memory.
Can your personalized video messages infect my computer with a virus?
All Santa Videos sent from PNP’s website are kept on the PNP server, so viruses are nearly impossible. If your video is not sent from a PNP server, there is a risk comparable to any email received with an attached file.
Will you share my personal information?
You didn't find the answer or solution you were looking for in our FAQ?Ask the elves!