Can I make changes to a video once it is completed?
After you make a video, you can edit anything except for the video scenario.
To edit your videos:
1. Go to My Creations, and open the Videos section.
2. Click Edit on the video you want to edit.
If you download a video (with a Magic Pass or Download Pass), you can still edit it, just remember that it will need to generate again before downloading again.
NOTE: While the video is generating (with the turning wheels animation), edits cannot be made.
Why isn't my child's name displayed correctly in the video message?
Don't forget that there's a distinction between the name displayed on screen and the way Santa pronounces it (display vs. audio). The name displayed is exactly the one you've entered in the form—not the one selected as a pronunciation.
However, if you are using special characters in the first page of the form (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, etc.), it's possible that the characters are not supported in Santa's Big Book. Please make sure the spelling of the name is exact in the form and no characters outside the Roman alphabet are being used.
NOTE: You can always go back and edit this. Find out how HERE.
Why is Santa saying the wrong age in the Birthday Video?
When you create a birthday video message, the birth date entered is used to calculate the child's birthday and age when their next birthday comes around. This means that if the video was created after their birthday, it will calculate the age that the child will be next year.
If the child was born on August 7th, 2011, and you create a birthday video on August 10th, 2020, the age in the video will be 10 years old.
If you want your Birthday Video to be viewed AFTER the birth date, the elves suggest the following:
1. Go to My Creations and open the Videos section.
2. Click Edit in the video details of the birthday video, then go to the first page of the form.
3. Change the birth year to set it one year later.
4. Click Save and accept the changes.
5. Go to My Creations and click the Play button in the video preview. Remember that the video will need to regenerate again.
You should now see and hear Santa say the correct age, even if you're watching the video after the birth date.
What if I have multiple children and want to create a single video for them together?
Included with a Magic Pass, many of our videos have a plural option, which let you include either multiple recipients, or a group as a whole.
You can find these with the other videos available in the Videos page in the For more than one child (Magic Pass only) category.
Why am I having trouble uploading a photo in the personalization form?
Please make sure you're using one of our accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, GIF, and PNG. Any other formats won't work with the PNP Application.
The size of your picture is also very important. Be sure your picture has a minimum resolution of 640x480 px and you haven't exceeded the maximum size of 8 MB. If your picture is too small or too big it will be refused due to being too low quality to appear properly in your video.
On iOS, you can long press a file in the Files app to see its information: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/ipad/ipad49b77901/ios
On Android, you can find this information in the Files app: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9110661?hl=en
If you can't see the bottom of the pop-up box on the website, it is likely due to your screen resolution. Place your cursor on the pop-up box and scroll down using your mouse wheel. If this doesn't work, or if you don't have a mouse connected to your computer, zoom into your browser by pressing the keys Ctrl and - simulateously. It should zoom out of your screen and allow you to see the navigation buttons. To zoom in again to 100%, repeat this action with the keys Ctrl and +.
If you continue to have trouble, the Invengineer elves suggest you download the latest version of your web browser. If this doesn't help, contact the elves for support HERE.
Why can't I go to the next page when I'm filling in the form to create a personalized message?
There are a few possible reasons for this:
1. Every required field must be completed, otherwise, a warning message will be displayed.
2. Your session may have expired. Just close the window and restart your browser.
4. Verify your internet connection. An active connection is required to validate the different form pages.
If you're still having trouble, contact the elves for support HERE and be sure to tell them what steps you've already taken.
Why can't I watch my video anymore?
The elves can think of two possible reasons why this may occur:
The link to the video is not valid anymore.
- If your video was created before 2015, it may not be available anymore. If you want access to the video, ask the creator if it was downloaded as a keepsake.
- If your video was created after 2015, the link could have been changed while the website was being updated. Log into your account on portablenorthpole.com or on the PNP mobile app and verify that your video is still safely stored in My Creations. Try clicking on the video thumbnail, and it should start loading the video again!
It was a free video. These are deleted each year at the start of February.
If this doesn't help, please contact the elves HERE to describe the problem you're experiencing.
NOTE: Be sure to include the URL link (the web address in your web browser) of the Santa Video you're having trouble viewing.
You didn't find the answer or solution you were looking for in our FAQ?Ask the elves!